I went on holiday the other week and found out a few things.
1. I'm now much better at reading French
Well enough that I was able to buy a Guardians of the Galaxy book and actually understand what was going on (Mr Stark was in it, which was a bit of a surprise
2. Guernsey is tiny. Super tiny. And very flat. And could really do with a KFC or something. I'm sure it could do with getting rid of a few cars too.
3. The French put up with an awful lot of rude English people (my Dad and brother included)
4. The Cevennes are absolutely beautiful. It's also in the least populated part of France (apparently... which is probably a big part of why I like it there so much ^^' )
5. Germany has so many castles. We drove past four of them (visited 2) on the way to Triberg, and another 3 later on. And most of them were on top of the mountains (and all very pretty and full of interesting history that I couldn't read because I didn't think to try and learn some German before we went there -_- ).
6. Leaving hotel hunting til the last minuit, and then turning down the first one you find because 'it's too expensive' is a very stupid thing to do and you'll probably end up sleeping in the car (we were very lucky and ended up finding an appartment).
7. Guernsey reeaalllyy needs a KFC.
8. My brother grinds his teeth in his sleep and it's terrifying.
9. My Dad either snores like a pig or a dying car (I don't even know how he manages to snore like that)
10. Despite how awesome and amazing France and Germany are, I still wouldn't want to live anywhere other than Guernsey
Also I'm now back to work and it's kinda strange seeing how much the children have grown in just 6 weeks Oo I hope you've all had a good Summer holiday and that school or college or univesity this year isn't too bad